We have so far provided over 200 tons of dry rations to families in need, 10,797 PPE kits and 2,49,000 masks, gloves and sanitizers to frontline medical workers to ensure they can continue to provide critical care to people in need. Additionally, we provided counselling, mental and emotional support to families affected by the lockdown through 49,000 phone-based counselling sessions.
With daily COVID19 cases crossing the grim milestone of 300,000, our work is far from done. Our public health system has been stretched beyond its capacity with numerous states falling short of health infrastructure and equipment ranging from oxygen supplies to ventilators. Moreover, families with no income due to lockdown are at the risk of malnutrition and need urgent nutritional support. We need to collectively address this emergency.
We are working on providing oxygen concentrators, ventilators and other necessary equipment to hospitals, providing PPE and hygiene kits to medical workers and families in need, supplying dry ration to families affected by the lockdown and support them through weekly phone-based counselling session. Urgent funds are needed for this. All our on-ground work has been possible with the support of patrons and donors like you and we know that in this fight we cant count on your continuous support.
I WOULD LIKE TO DONATE
All Fields are Compulsory
For any queries, feel free to contact us on the details provided below and we'll be glad to assist you! :
DONATE NOW AND HELP US FIGHT THE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
1. PPE Kits for Government hospitals:this inculdes face mask, goggles, body suit, breathable surgeon gown, gloves, shoe leggings, waste disposal bags, hand sanitizer. Unit cost INR 500
2. Oxygen Concentrators: portable oxygen machines that can supply oxygen to two patients at a time. Unit cost INR 60,000
3. Hygine kits for families: disposable masks, gloves, sanitisers, thermometer, handwashing soaps, detergent for clothes, nail cutters, sanitary pads, water filter and iec material. Unit cost INR 750
4. Essentials and Food Supplies for 1 month: 5 kg wheat flour, 5kg rice, 2kg semolina, 1kg ground nuts, 3kg pulses, 1kg sugar, 1kg salt, 1kg jaggery, 1 ltr cooking oil, masalas and sanitary pads. Unit cost INR 1400
5. Pulse Oximeter:Finger pulse oximeter for Mumbai Police. Unit cost INR 1,568
PARTNERSHIP WITH GOVERNMENT
These kits will be distributed through our local Government and Hospital partners in Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan in both rural and urban regions. Through our tie ups with the Government, it will be ensured that concerned health authorities are a part of this exercise, kits are sourced from approved vendors and every kit reaches medical professionals, individuals and families in need through official distribution centers.
WHY ACTION AGAINST HUNGER
40 years of expertise on nutrition and in emergency situations including supporting local Governments for epidemics such as Ebola.
Over 190 full time on ground staff with direct access to vulnerable families.
Direct working contact with public governing institutions from Panchayati Raj Institutions to the National Consortiums on Nutrition.
Supporting the State Governments in Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
Action Against Hunger is legally registered as Fight Hunger Foundation under section 25 of the Indian Companies Act 1956.